[sane-devel] udev & device permissions (MODE="###") is ignored but OWNER/GROUP not

Kanito 73 kanito73 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 30 00:16:02 UTC 2008

Hello list

This is a bit off-topic message and I promise it will be the only one... In the previous messages I had an issue accessing the usb device as normal user...

Well, I performed diverse tests you told me and finally found the problem, but now can't find a solution and maybe someone has experienced something similar...

Concretely the problem is the device permission, it is set to rw-r--r-- no matter what permission I set in the udev rules file...

Well, after this I remembered that had an usb photo cam used with gphoto that works also with libusb and didn't work too!! was not accessible as normal user!! device is created as rw-r--r--

I have another usb webcam that works with kernel driver and it works perfect as normal user, so I guess the problem is with libusb or the relationship libusb/udev...

Anybody has seen something like before? with the udev rules file I can change user and group, but MODE is ignored can't change it to 664 or 777 or anything else...

Should I search at libusb or udev? :(

Thanks for any help