[sane-devel] pixma MP810 working with sane

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sat Aug 30 09:07:39 UTC 2008

Hi,

I've added a while back some code to the pixma backend to deal with CCD
color planes shifts, and it currently works fine with MP970.

For MP800, 810, it was based on some info I've got on bug reports (for
instance bug #310463), but this code has not yet been tuned, especially
the amount  of shifting to apply.
This should not be a big deal to fix now.

Could you first confirm that you get the same result with ADF and with
glass scans ?

Then, you could do some tries by changing the amount of shifting applied
by the backend:

In backend directory of the latest CVS version, in file pixma_mp150.c

Could you change line 980 from:

mp->lines_shift =  s->param->ydpi / 100;

mp->lines_shift =  s->param->ydpi / 50;

Recompile, and see how the amount of lines shifting changed ?

Nicolas