[sane-devel] HP 4600 vs. Mustek_usb2

Triften Chmil triften at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 03:50:03 UTC 2008

The output of sane-find-scanner -v -v on
http://www.sane-project.org/unsupported/hp-scanjet-4600.html says that
it may contain an SQ113 chip, which is the same as in the Mustek_usb2
supported scanners, so I've started comparing the logs and playback
I've got to the commands used by Mustek_usb2. Things are lining up
well so far (at least the basic functions like openchip, closechip and
the register reading).

Has anyone gone and tested scanning using the mustek2 backend as is?
If not, how can I go about forcing the use of a backend on an
unsupported scanner? It seems like other backends have config files to
change the vendor and product IDs of support scanners, but the man
page mustek_usb2 doesn't mention this.

Thanks,
Triften