[sane-devel] HP 4600 vs. Mustek_usb2

Triften Chmil triften at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 23:24:59 UTC 2008

Allan, Igor,

Thanks for the replies! Sadly, it seems a bit more involved than I am
ready for at the moment. Though, is it necessary to remove all of SANE
and recompile from sources if I were to start programming a new
backend?

The more I look at the Mustek_usb2 code and the usb log file, the more
differences seem to appear, so I think I may run into a similar "head
banging" issue if I tried to use the plain Mustek_usb2 backend. If
anything, I may just use the Mustek code as a framework or guide if I
get far enough along to actually get a backend together. The replay
works so well already, it'd almost feel like a step backwards.

Thanks again,
Triften