[sane-devel] no devices available

Russ Fineman russbucket at nwi.net
Thu Dec 11 19:45:23 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 15:42:16 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
> "George Herzog" <gaherzog at gmail.com> writes:
> > I recently did a urpmi.update and now I cannot use my epson perfection
> > 1640su scanner. I have only one of each: libsane1, sane backends, and
> > xsane installed. The scanner was always detected and worked well
> > before the update. any assistance will be very much appreciated.
>
> Does sane-find-scanner list the device?
> If so, what does scanimage -L say?
> Does trying this as a regular user or as root make a difference?
> SCSI or USB?
> If USB, does lsusb list it?
> If SCSI, was it powered on when you booted?  Does it show in the dmesg
> output? Distribution?  Version?  Architecture?
>
> Hope that helps,
> --
> Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
> FSF Associate Member #1962               Help support software freedom
>                  http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962
Can anyone tell me where to file bug report for Iscan? I can scan to a file
just fine (Epson CX6600) but try as I can to scan to a printer and Iscan just
closes down.

Using Iscan version Epkowa driver from AVASYA. OpenSUSE 11.0. Ran fine on 10.3
and previous versions. Thought I saw something about have to use older version
iscan-proprietary-drivers-2.10.0.1-10.1
iscan-2.10.0.1-21.1
iscan-firmware-2.8.0.1-48.1

Thanks