[sane-devel] iscan questions

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Dec 15 04:44:10 UTC 2008

Russ Fineman <russbucket at nwi.net> writes:

> On Sunday 14 December 2008 16:41:39 Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>> Putting this back on sane-devel.
>>
>> Russ Fineman <russbucket at nwi.net> writes:
>> >
>> > [snip]

>> [snip]
>>
>> > Let me know if you need more info or should I file a bug with
>> > SUSE. I am using the proprietary version of Iscan, NOT the Iscan
>> > Free version.
>
> [snip]
>
> Thanks I'll report it to SUSE and AVASYS in the morning. I just tried to
> report it to AVASYS and got a error on the submit. I'll try in morning and
> post to you when both are reported. Installation was from SUSE RPM.

Now I'm confused as to what version of whose packages you're using.
First you say "Using Iscan version Epkowa driver from AVASYA", now
it's "Installation was from SUSE RPM".

AVASYS doesn't distribute 64-bit RPMs (yet) nor do the iscan-2.10.0
sources include support for it.  The distribution you select on the
AVASYS download page does not affect the iscan RPM packages in any
way.

I had a look at:

  http://packages.opensuse-community.org/index.jsp?searchTerm=iscan

but that lists 2.10.0 as the latest version for the SUSE packages.

Make sure you mention the _exact_ file names and URLs you downloaded
each file from.  You may even want to include MD5 checksums.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen, LPIC-2           FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
                 http://www.fsf.org/jf?referrer=1962