[sane-devel] Bypassing calibration in CanoScan LiDE 60

Tom Brush savonnn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 18:37:21 UTC 2008

For a scanner-camera project featured in Make magazine, (
http://makezine.com/14/scannercamera/ ) the author uses SANE to bypass the
calibration step, because it would fail after his physical modifications to
the sensor.  The model he uses is a Canon CanoScan LiDE 20.  His actual
directions can be found at: http://www.make-digital.com/make/vol14/?folio=78
The modifications in the Plustek driver config. file are as follow:

On line 105, change option skipCalibration 0 to option skipCalibration 1
On line 111, change option skipFine 0 to option skipFine 1
On line 116, change option skipFineWhite 0 to option skipFineWhite 1

The scanner I have is the CanoScan LiDE 60, which uses a different driver,
the Genesys.  None of the equivalent config. options are available.  I am
new to this, but is there a way to perform a similar command to skip the
calibration steps for the CanoScan 60?

Tom