No subject

Wed Dec 10 08:32:44 UTC 2008

,
then you don't need to compile anything from source just install the
correct packages and it should work.

If you really run Fedora 9, I suggest to remove all the stuff compiled
from source first. If you did that already you should not find any sane
related thing anywhere under /usr/local.

Then installing the following packages should give you a running sane:
sane-backends-1.0.19-10.fc9.i386.rpm
sane-backends-devel-1.0.19-10.fc9.i386.rpm
sane-backends-libs-1.0.19-10.fc9.i386.rpm

If rpm complains that one or more of the packages are already installed,
you can still reinstall the package by doing 'rpm -Uvh --replacefiles
--replacepkgs ...'

Hope that helps,
Simon