[sane-devel] Canon PIXMA MP210

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 00:39:01 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 9:26 AM, Andy Webster <andywebster at f2s.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> After recently acquiring a Canon PIXMA MP210 I've got interested in
> setting up the scanner function. I've been watching this group for a
> month and it looks very supportive, hoefully someone can help me out...
>
> I've been reading around the various Sane pages and tried running
> sane-find-scanner and scanimage. I've used a usb sniffer to sample a
> scan from windows so that it might be compared with other pixma devices
> that are supported (MP150...). The results are here:

/../

> As I understand it, the two ways to see if the existing pixma backend
> runs the MP210 are:
> a) Compare and match the USB traffic between the MP210 and a supported
> pixma scanner to confirm they are using the same protocol
> b) Force sane to use the existing pixma backend for the MP210 by
> inserting its vendor/product ID into the sane files and pointing sane to
> the same backend as the MP150 and giving it a try...

Hello,
I am in the same boat with an MP710 (740 is the same except it adds
FAX capability), and got some tips from the MP610 pages here:

http://mp610.blogspot.com

I am trying to do some coding today, for the first time, no idea how
successful I will be. Any other PIXMA people around that could help
with these general problems would be much appreciated, to be sure.

Best regards, Gernot Hassenpflug