[sane-devel] About the GL646(_HP) and future release of SANE

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Mon Feb 4 06:28:42 UTC 2008

Le Sunday 03 February 2008 16:20:50 Tourneur Henry-Nicolas, vous avez écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I'm a debian user of SANE and I'v got a hp 3690 scanjet. I saw it uses a
> GL646_HP chipset which is included in the genesys backend as an
> experimental driver. I would like to know if there is any planed release of
> sane which will include some support for this chipset.
>
> Kind regards.

	Hello,

	there is currently no plan to update the genesys backend for the GL646 part.
Someone with the hardware has to modify it. In case you feel like trying to
do such, there are some informations about doing this at
http://stef.dev.free.fr/sane/genesys/index.html
	You can also aks question to the mailing list.

Regards,
	Stef