[sane-devel] A very fast scanner supported by SANE (maybe Epson GT2500?)

Alex Bernier alex.bernier at free.fr
Tue Feb 5 12:54:43 UTC 2008

Hello,

  I don't know if it is the right place for this question...
I'm blind and I want a very fast scanner supported by SANE, mainly to scan
books (it should be very fast for 300-DPI black and white scanning).
It's not easy to find information about performances of scanners. On the Epson
website, I found the GT2500 which can scan 27 PPM using an ADF. But I don't
want to use the ADF... Because I want to scan books, it's more useful for
me to know how fast the scanner is when using the "flatbed" mode. If someone
has an Epson GT2500, I would really apreciate if he/she can give me some
information about the scanning speed.
Or if someone knows about an other very fast scanner, suggestions would be
apreciated.

For the moment, I own an Epson Perfection 1640SU. It scans a page in 17
seconds, but it is old and I think there is better models now...

Regards,

Alex Bernier