[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 90

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Wed Feb 6 21:29:29 UTC 2008

Guillaume Gastebois schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> Pierre Willenbrock a écrit :
>> Guillaume Gastebois schrieb:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> It's a little bit better with these values.
>>> In Genesys_Sensor I have :
>>> regs_0x08_0x0b : {0x00, 0x21, 0x00, 0x00}
>>> regs_0x10_0x1d : {0x02, 0x8b, 0x02, 0x8b, 0x02, 0x8b, 0x20, 0x06, 0x00,
>>> 0xff, 0x24, 0x00, 0x00, 0x04}
>>> regs_0x52_0x5e : {0x02, 0x04, 0x02, 0x04, 0x02, 0x04, 0x0a, 0x71, 0x55,
>>> 0x00, 0x00, 0x20, 0x41}
>> looks good so far(very few of these can be found in the log after my
>> scripts processed them(bug in my scripts), but then they must be okay
>> when you are able to scan)
>>
>>> In Genesys_Gpo I have :
>>> {0x02, 0x80}{0x7f, 0xe0}
>> i found these differing settings in your log for register 0x6c:
>> 0x00
>> 0x02
>> 0x0a
>> 0x0e
>> 0x10
>> 0x12
>> 0x18
>> 0x1a
>> 0x38
>> 0x3a
>> 0x3e
>> 0x3c
>>
> I tryed all these values :
> 02 : revert video image with a lot of vertical lines
> 0a : revert video image with a lot of vertical lines and motor doesn't
> stop at the end of the page
> 0e, 3e : don't know home position anymore
> 10, 12, 18, 1a : revert video image seems to be in black and white (no
> grayscale) but no more vertical images
> 38, 3a : revert video image in grayscale but take only half of the
> screen in height.
> 3c : motor make noise but don't move
>
> You can find sample at :
> http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/toto_18_0_0.jpg
> http://ggastebois.free.fr/lide90_snoop/toto_38_0_0.jpg
>
> these two image are original (just saved in jpg) with x y offset set to 0.
>
> How can we explain that images are in reverse video and that with 38 and
> 3a the image takes only half the place ?

I don't know why the image colors are reversed, but it may be worth
trying to flip the sign bits in Genesys_Frontend. If that does nothing,
we need to handle that in code(or i am missing some setting of the gl841).
The other thing you have seen is the half-resolution mode, used for
greater speed when doing lower(i.E. not full) resolutions.

> Subsidary question : what is the small white (perhaps black) rectangle
> in the middle up off page (for calibration) ?

That may be a small metal clamp holding the glass or the calibration
strip. That is the black(i.E. white) part at the very top.

To summarize, it is a good idea to have bit 4 on, bit 5 is the half
resolution switch. I'd put 0x10 into the 0x6c gpio register.

As for the calibration area, you will need to change some code:
* comment out genesys_gl841.c:4220:(line numbers may differ)
  status = gl841_feed(dev, 280);/*feed to white strip. canon lide 35 only.*/
* the same for genesys_gl841.c:4821:
  status = gl841_feed(dev, 280);/*feed to white strip. canon lide 35 only.*/

then you can try what happens when you turn on the led_calibration and
the coarse_gain_calibration. offset_calibration needs a bit more
changes. i think i am having the code needed lying around somewhere.
essentially, the offset calibration needs to be done with leds off.
the shading calibration does need even more changes.

Additionally, if you can't get the afe to switch the sign, you need to
do that in the calibration functions(i.E. 65535-value).

Regards,
  Pierre