[sane-devel] Canon MP470 support

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sat Feb 9 13:20:02 UTC 2008

Being a recent Canon model, we could try to check whether it can be
driven by Pixma modified driver for MP610, MP520, and MP210.

Can you provide the USB PID of this all-in one ?

You can get it by a simple:

$ lsusb

I can declare this scanner in the driver, issue the modified version of
the driver, and you could give a try to check it.

Instructions on how to install the modified Pixma driver above Sane
1.0.18 are given on this blog:

http://mp610.blogspot.com/2007/11/new-sane-scanner-driver-for-canon-mp610.html

This is for Allan:

Concerning new Sane version and Pixma driver:
I've ready sitting on my desktop, the patch to add MP610, MP520 and
MP210 scanners to patch the pixma files, in the current Sane CVS
version.
At the moment, compiled and tested successfully with an MP610, on Gutsy
and on Mandriva 2007.

Nicolas