[sane-devel] Canon MP470 support

Ashwin cybernytrix at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 04:38:19 UTC 2008

Hi Nicholas,
Good news! It works. I think the only kink was the order of a few things:
1. compile
2. copy
3. sudo ldconfig --> just in case
4. udev hacks + replug device
5. Try everything else (scanimage -L)

If 3 and 4 are interchanged, I get a "scanimage: sane_start: Invalid argument"

I added this to  /etc/udev/rules.d/45-libsane.rules:
# Canon PIXMA MP470
SYSFS{idVendor}=="04a9", SYSFS{idProduct}=="1723", MODE="664", GROUP="scanner"

Makes sense to push this change upstream.

One problem I notice is that the y-axis offset seems off when I select an area in the preview and then request a full scan of just that area. This is roughly off by 1cm -  so if I have a bounding box on "ubuntu" in the "standard printer test page", the top part of "b" is chopped, so it looks like an "o". This is reproducible but is not a show stopper!

Thanks!
-Ashwin