[sane-devel] Epson 4490 support ?

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:39:07 UTC 2008

The source in the package you are discussing is incomplete. There is
also a 'protocol translator' module which is only available as a
pre-compiled binary, there is no source for it. Hence, this is 'free'
as in beer, but decidedly NOT free as in speech.

I would suggest that you try to find a scanner which meets your needs
but has full source code available. This is the only means to protect
your investment in the long term.

allan