[sane-devel] meaning of 1200x2400 etc. explained

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch at rauch-domain.de
Mon Feb 18 20:13:29 UTC 2008

Am Montag, den 18.02.2008, 13:48 -0500 schrieb m. allan noah:

> two places where this does not work:
> 1. the backend does not expose resolution options because it only has one choice
> 2. the backend does not know the resolution the scanner will actually
> use until after the call to start scanning.
>
> i have seen machines with both issues.

1. It is no problem when the scanner only reports one valid resolution
in the well known option

2. I have not seen a scanner that does not know the scanning resolution
before starting the scan. I think a backend should be able to find out
the resolution before starting the scan.
If not this may be a little problem, but I do not see a reason for this.

Best regards
Oliver