[sane-devel] Canon Pixma MP140 scanner

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sun Feb 24 09:53:13 UTC 2008

FYI, the Canon PIXMA MP140 (all-in-one) is now operational with Sane,
the pixma backend has been updated to have the scanner part now working.

Thanks to Eric, recent owner of a MP140, and who supplied me with USB
Snoop scans under Windows, it was possible to notice that, although
being a model recently released by Canon, the MP140 does not use the
latest, but the previous version of Canon's Pixma USB protocol (the one
for PIXMA MP160, MP600, ...)

Changes done in pixma backend for enabling MP140 seems satisfactory,
here under, the latest conversations with Eric.
Just uploaded today into CVS.

Of course, please report if anyone gets any issues.

Nicolas