[sane-devel] General technical docs for flatbed scanners

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Sun Feb 24 21:03:27 UTC 2008

Pierre Willenbrock schrieb:
> Hi list,
>
> anybody knows if/where to find $subject on the web? Something that
> describes some details of motor control, lamp control and analog/digital
> postprocessing, as well as the general scanning operating. Just enough
> for a developer of a driver for a dumb chip(like the genesys chips).
>
> If noone comes up with anything, i will try to create such a thing and
> post it here for comments.

Here you go:

pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/scanner-technical.pdf

latex+svg source:
pirsoft-dsl-dropzone.de/scanner-technical.tar.bz2

This is by far not complete. I think i have all major areas mentioned,
but a lot of detail is missing.

A static pdf is not that good for this information. I am thinking of
setting up a wiki. That is easier to edit, add more information and link to.

Regards,
  Pierre