[sane-devel] output of sane-find-scanner for Canoscan 8800F

Gernot Hassenpflug aikishugyo at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 10:39:01 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 7:27 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
<aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:35 PM, Gernot Hassenpflug
>  <aikishugyo at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Hello, I have submitted output for this scanner before, but do not see
>  >  it on the SANE webpages, so here goes again. I will fiddle with the
>  >  genesys backend to see what kind out output I can get, and maybe I can
>  >  help in the debugging and development of the genesys code.
>
>  I have read a bit more on how to add things to backends, and also
>  downloaded the CVS backend code. After a couple of searches for USB
>  snoop successes and GL841/843 devices, I have some leads on where to
>  start adding things in. However, there is as yet no GL843 code, I
>  think, in the backends. Is anyone else interested in helping me with
>  this (preferably with more experience)? I have plenty of patience to
>  go through log files (with helpful scripts gleaned from other web
>  pages). I have the GL841 and GL843 data sheets too, and since the
>  8800F is a 4800dpi device, if it uses a genesys chip it would be a
>  GL843 rather than a GL841 (there is also a newer GL845 but I could not
>  find a data sheet and in any case, it supports up to 9600dpi which
>  this scanner does not have).

I see in the archives that  "J. Ignacio Gijón" has done some work on
the GL843 chip in the last year (March 2007). I wonder if there is any
chance to collaborate.... or with others who have already done some
important work with this chip?

Regards, Gernot