[sane-devel] [RFC] how to enable 1.1 features

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Thu Feb 28 23:07:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 17:57:29 -0500
"m. allan noah" <kitno455 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >  Why an 1.1 COMPLIANT frontend should be allowed to compile against 1.0 SANE?
> >
> >   I've never seen in my whole life any other library that has such
> >   a requirement. When the library version changes, you have to change
> >   the headers.
>
> AND YOU ALSO ALWAYS CHANGE THE SONAME. is that clear enough?

 no need to shout. that's certainly true but then we already have the
 problem because the new frames aren't in the old header so a 1.1 frontend
 that wants to handle them shall use the 1.1 headers anyway. on the
 other side we do not want to change the soname.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Torino, Italy