[sane-devel] How to define xsane printer

Julien Michielsen julien at michkloo.xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 2 09:10:40 UTC 2008

Oliver Rauch wrote:
> You have to enter the command line option with which you can print a
> file. On most systems this is "lp" or "lpr".
> If you want to specify a special printer (if you have more than one or
> no default printer) then you have to add the correct option, e.g.
>
> lpr -P laserjet
>
> I don`t know what command line option your system offers, thats
> something that you have to find out.

So I did, and I'll give the the details for the others who'd like to
accomplish the same.
Started yast2, the Suse configuration tool, and clicked on hardware.
Subsequently I clicked printer, and this opens a new panel with one line
showing among others
Que name   	Model  .....
ml1610		Samsung/Ml1610

so I edited the general command you displayed above into
lpr -P ml1610

And likewise every SuSE-user can use the lpr command for his particular
printer.
Thanks, Oliver