[sane-devel] Artec E+pro almost working

Philip Aston philip.aston at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 9 22:15:55 UTC 2008

Listed as minimal support.
With the artec firmware 1200.usb installed, this scanner works with 2
bugs:
1 crashes @ 1200dpi, ok other resolutions-
2 probably more important, there are slight discolorations, the colour
is reproduced but slightly darker, running vertically every 5mm, giving
an impression of vertical lines. This is OK for text but not for photos.
I am a new-ish Linux user & would like to work on this although have no
knowledge as yet... would anyone be able to suggest something/ offer
assistance? I note that a previous user had the same problem with this
scanner so I assume the fault is not with my computer or scanner.-Phil