[sane-devel] Fujitsu ScanSnap S510 missing last cm of page

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:14:03 UTC 2008

On 1/21/08, leo dunbar <leodunbar at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2008/1/21, m. allan noah <kitno455 at gmail.com>:
> > if you look at all these scans, the fi-4120 and S510 look exactly the
> > same, except for the one xsane scan. i wonder if you remove your xsane
> > preferences from ~/.sane if that will then be the same as well.
>

> Yes - looks like the length is the same:
>
> fi-4120c/xsane.no.config[5] PNM 848x1100 DirectClass 2.7mb
> s510/xsane.no.config[23] PNM 856x1100 DirectClass 2.7mb 0.040u 0:02
>
> I have now set the values "buttom right" and "ADF paper length" to 29.699 in
> xsane and that works.
>
> scanadf works too if I specify -y AND --pageheight:
>
> scanadf --mode Color -v --resolution 100 --y-resolution 100 --pageheight 296
> -y 296
>
> Can't the scanner detect when a page has ended or is this not supported in
> sane yet?

some scanners can detect this, but reporting it to the front-end is
difficult. when the paper runs out, it might be too late for the
front-end to 'adjust' the header of the file, since it might have
already printed it on stdout. There is a mechanism for handheld
scanners which uses the 'magic' length of -1, but that requires
front-end to buffer the entire image in ram before output. the fujitsu
backend does not support this mode, but i might accept a patch :)

allan