[sane-devel] "first light" with CanoScan LiDE 600F

Jürgen Ernst jrernst at gmx.de
Fri Jan 25 20:37:28 UTC 2008

Corrie PARSONSON schrieb:
> Can whatever you're doing for the 600F be applied to the 500F?

I don't think so. 600F and 500F sounds to be nearly the same but
internal they are not. 600F has 2 USB endpoints and 500F has 3 USB
endpoints. The protocol is also very different. 500F uses control
messages while 600f uses only bulk read/write.

500F is detected to have GL841 chip inside. So there is a chance to
modify genesys backend to get it working. But that's not my project.

--
Ciao
Jürgen

Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question.
"NO" is the answer.