[sane-devel] SANE scanner entry for Brother MFC 6800

Randolph, Scott SRandolph at ea.com
Fri Jan 25 23:20:00 UTC 2008

Here is the entry I added for my MFC6800 Brother multi-function device
(scanner/copier/printer) for use with SANE.

Note that the Brother web site recommends adding an entry with NO
product ID, just the vendor ID.  Would this be a catch-all way of
getting all brother scanners safely?

Also, the direction in the top of the rules.d file in my Ubuntu
installation refer to this email address, but do NOT specify that the
way to figure out the right codes for a given scanner is to use
sane-find-scanner (assuming that's true -- its what I endded up doing).

# Brother MFC 6800
SYSFS{idVendor}=="04f9", SYSFS{idProduct}=="0111", MODE="664",
GROUP="scanner"