[sane-devel] HP 8270 scanjet support

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Mon Jan 28 08:52:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

Hi all,

On 27.01.2008, at 20:20, shivers at ccs.neu.edu wrote:

> >  Can you try to use the current SANE CVS and try as root just to
> >  make sure?
>
> Ok, I will try it. Can you advise me a little bit, here? I don't
> know my
> way around the sane system.
>
> I've checked out the sane-frontend & sane-backend modules from the
> CVS repos.
> I've already got sane installed on my ubuntu box. What's the minimal
> rebuild/replace I need to do to check out the cvs stuff? Everything?
> Just
> the backends? Just the frontends?

You only need to update the sane-backends ("the drivers"). I usually
tell people do overwrite the system version so that multiple versions
do not contribute to confusion:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

and if you run on a 64 bit OS maybe also add --libdir=/usr/lib64 if that
is what your distribution is using.

But as I do not use the regular distributions maybe others have
advices :-)

You might also refer to my compile the Avision backend from source page:

   http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/saneavision/compiling/

Yours,

   Geschäftsführer: Susanne Klaus, René Rebe
   Sitz: Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg HRB 105 123 B
   USt-IdNr.: DE251602478