[sane-devel] Any progress on HP4890c?

robert w hall bobh at n-cantrell.demon.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 20:07:34 UTC 2008

Ah ndiswrapper!

We've been here before (and recently). In similar fashion, there's a guy
who has managed to extend wine to run his usb scanner, using a bodged
kernel module (emulating usbscanner.sys IIRC) - and it shouldn't need to
be within the kernel (with all those horrible spinlocks to learn) - it
could run round libusb in user mode -but it's a job for younger men I
fear :-)
Bob

In message <3.0.6.32.20080129132907.015b5598 at 192.168.2.25>,
wfp at shoestringprojects.com writes

--
robert w hall