[sane-devel] Canon LiDE 90

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.dnsalias.org
Thu Jan 31 21:57:48 UTC 2008

Guillaume Gastebois schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> OK,
> I open my LiDE 90 (very hard not all to destroy...).
> I find these IC's :
>
> 	GL842 (Genesys well known scanner chip)
> 	GLT44016P (SO40 RAM)
> 	BU6574 (TSSOP20 ????????????)
> 	VHC175 (TSSOP16 quad flip flop)
> 	VHC08 (TSSOP16 quad and)
> 	LB1940 (TSSOP20 constant current driver)
> 	LM324 (SO14 quad op amp)
> 	1733 (TO-263 regularor)
>
> Appart the BU6574 (I dont find what it is) I dont find any analog
> frontend. Is it possible that this chip is located with leds (seems very
> hard to open.....)

I don't know where the analog frontend may be found. There are arguments
for both positions.

The BU6574 has enough pins for the job. Did you look at the back of the
pcb?

In the documentation i found for one cis sensor, the glassy sensor
itself contains just the ccd row and the leds. There may be a small pcb
on the sensor bar, carrying the analog frontend.

But you really don't need to look for the chip and possibly destroy your
scanner on the way.. Let's first try to figure out how it is configured
from an usb log.

Regards,
  Pierre