[sane-devel] Visioneer Strobe XP100

JACK MCGILL jmcgill85258 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 4 04:46:53 UTC 2008

I am a new Linux user and found the following while researching my
Visioneer RoadWarrior Scanner.

You might find this interesting. Perhaps this scanner could be easily
added to the sane-Plustek backend.

http://gicl.cs.drexel.edu/people/tjkopena/projects/xp100-scanner/

               Visioneer XP 100 Scanner Drivers for Linux
                  Joseph B. Kopena, Richard Primerano.
The Visioneer XP100 is a cheap, sheet-fed, portable USB scanner based on
an LM9833 chipset. In mid-2004 a task came up in our lab to develop
Linux drivers for this scanner. A true driver was never finished, but
the scanner was reverse engineered and a program written to control the
scanner and receive images. This was done by dismantling a device,
determining the component devices used (e.g. the stepper motors) and
their specifications, and comparing USB logs sniffed on a Windows PC
running the official driver against the LM9833 documentation. Extension
to a true driver should be straightforward. This software is released
here under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). An archive
with source code is linked below, as well as a report describing that
software and the findings of the reverse engineering effort.

Download
xp100-driver-20041026.tar.gz (71.68KB)
xp100-scanner-docs.pdf (42.163KB)
- tjkopena