[sane-devel] XSane not showing full list of resolutions for Epson V500

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Mon Jul 7 00:18:57 UTC 2008

Brett <cda-kfmg at kaspop.com> writes:

> I am trying to get an Epson Perfection V500 Photo working.
>
> I am using the epkowa backend. When I use iscan it shows a full list of
> possible scanning resolutions.

Image Scan! is making up its own list of "supported" resolutions.
Only the maximum in the list has any correlation with the device's
list of supported resolutions.

> When I use xsane I get a full list of resolutions for Y, but for X
> only 200, 400, 800 and 1600 are listed.

I would expect 100, 3200 and 6400 in that list, at the very least.

> The advanced options show a full range of dpi for X but setting this
> has no effect.

What option would that be?  The epkowa backend doesn't do resolution
ranges for this model, only lists.  Or do you mean a full list?

> Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Create debugging output with both iscan and xsane and compare.  You
can also send me the debugging output (via this list) for xsane so I
can take a look.  If you do, please also provide information on your
distribution and xsane and iscan versions used.

You probably just want to start the application(s) and maybe change
the document source (flatbed to ADF for example) or expose that
advanced option you mention.  You do not need to scan anything.

You can create debugging output by running the following command

  SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=127 xsane &> debug.log

Please compress the debug.log file before sending it.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                   FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/