[sane-devel] Patch for sane-fujitsu: Fixes fi-5110eox ignoring page-width]

m. allan noah kitno455 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 01:07:49 UTC 2008

On 7/13/08, spammed <spammed at get2net.dk> wrote:

>  On Sun, 2008-07-13 at 02:39 -0400, m. allan noah wrote:
> returns
> > >
> > > yes- i dont have a good way to detect the overscan capability, other
> > > than the existence of the page code that is used to enable it, which
> > > also enables other things. do you get an error when you set overscan?
> > > if not, then the problem might be that your os_x/y_basic need to be
> > > overridden, like the 4120c?
> > >

> > > There is no error. I will try overriding the settings.
> > >
> > > I copied the code for the 4120C and tried several values around 2 mm and
> > > 2.5 mm (in 600dpi units) with no change. Do you think there is a slim
> chance
> > > that the values need to exactly match what the scanner expects (the
> missing
> > > vpd-values) to activate overscan, and otherwise they are just ignored?
> How
> > > were the values for the 4120C established?
> >

> > those values came from trial and error. if you dont see a bit of the
> > background before the paper with overscan enabled, then it must not
> > work on this machine. i'll just disable it.
>
> i've just committed a patch which disables overscan, and centers the
> scan area in software for your scanner. i used some different values
> for the math, so please check that it works.
>

>  It works. (I wonder how I managed to overlook the ready-made max_x
> value...) And the overscan option is gone, as expected.
>
>  Thanks a lot for implementing this. When sane 1.1 is released you can
> promote the 5110 from 'good' to 'complete' on the page that lists supported
> devices.

i've done just that for several scanners, thanks for the reminder.

 It actually needs an 'übercomplete' category, since you can do
> quite a lot with sane that the non-twain windows driver does not allow.

yes- these software-lobotimized scanners are a cheap alternative to
the fi-5110C, other than the missing paper thickness and overscan
support.

thanks for the patches and patience :)

allan