[sane-devel] CIS scanners: to calibrate or not to calibrate :) this is the question (my scanner is mad and lazy :)

litlle girl little.linux.girl at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 11:28:18 UTC 2008

> The plustek-backend is able to store calibration data and to
> read them back before scanning. This backend (and probably most
> others also) needs the value from coarse calibration (the AFE stuff)
> and the fine calibration (for each sensor pixel).
> The calibration data is stored for each user in its ~/.sane directory.
>
> HTH
> Gerhard

Hi Gerhard,
Is there any chance to make usefull calibration save/restore code from
plustek-backend to gt68xx-backend ??
Maybe copy code will be the easiest way, if there is no maintainer for
gt68xx-backend?
I'm not a programmer so i cant make patch by myself,
but I can test patch on my gt68xx scanner.

Regs
LLG