[sane-devel] How i can use 2 or more scanners at the same time??

kid2k4 at email.it kid2k4 at email.it
Sun Jul 20 22:25:06 UTC 2008

Hi to all (sorry for my english)
I write from Italy, with other young artist are working on a machine
that requires a man-size scanner. An A1 or A0 scanner it's very
exspensive for us, ahah.
I use Gnu/linux (Debian-like distro) but i'm not i geek, :-( However i
know the potential of open source software. I thought immediately to a
solution ad-hoc but i don't know if it's possible. The idea is about a
big scanner builded with more (6/8). We thought to disassemble scanners
and take only the parts needed to scan.
I make us some questions.

- It's possible to control more that one scanner with a tool like SANE?
- If yes, it's possible to build a single scanned image from the scanned
images of each machine,  in real time :-)
- If we try to make the scanner on lan an then take each scanned image
and build one big images? We need one pc for each scanner?
- More and more.... :-)

I am asking a bit around and seemed a good idea to also ask the
community of SANE.
I hope the this idea can make some step to our goals.
Bye bye.

 Sponsor:
 Spegni il tuo fax tradizionale. Con EmailFax-IN ricevi i tuoi fax online e salvaguardi l'ambiente. Scopri perchè!
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=8120&d=21-7