[sane-devel] XSane not showing full list of resolutions for Epson V500

Olaf Meeuwissen olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp
Tue Jul 22 01:04:36 UTC 2008

Olaf Meeuwissen <olaf.meeuwissen at avasys.jp> writes:

> [snip]
>
> Apparently, something went wrong when initiating the scan but from the
> log I can't really tell what.  Please try previewing in colour with
> scanimage as follows:
>
>   SANE_DEBUG_EPKOWA=127 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=127 scanimage --mode Color --resolution=200 --preview=yes > image.pnm 2> debug.log
>
> (all in one command).  This may create a boat-load of debug info so
> please compress it and send it *off-list*.

Thanks for the (monster) log.

I had a look and it seems there is something fishy going on with the
USB I/O.  I'm not sure yet what.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to look at it again until around August
20 (darned holidays! ;-) but I've asked a colleague of mine to take a
look.

Hope this helps,
--
Olaf Meeuwissen                   FLOSS Engineer -- AVASYS Corporation
FSF Associate Member #1962           sign up at http://member.fsf.org/