[sane-devel] RS232 Scanner

Dan Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 11:40:59 UTC 2008

Hi,

Thanks for your comments.

I don't think that there is an image - the log file for the ltrace
output is only ~40kb. I think that the scanner is returning the array
and there is no post-processing by the diagnostic application.

The scanner is also capable of returning an image of the scanned file.
So I was hoping that I would be able to use sane to communicate with
the scanner and work out what is happening. I was thinking that I
would eventually need a standalone app - but I could use Sane for the
image part of the scanning. Maybe even use/develop a backend for this
scanner?

Thanks,

Dan