No subject

Wed Jul 30 17:08:51 UTC 2008

sensor signal to the one a CCD-chip might send to the genesys chip. Thus, I
believe the best solution might be to emulate one of those chips from the
communication side. Since we are going to use a FPGA for other purposes
already it might be the "easiest" way to emulate the communication between
the PC and the scanner chip such that the sane-backend resp. Twain-driver
still believes a normal scanner is connected.
Is there one IC with a wide usage or something like a reference IC? Is there
any kind of standard protocoll, which we might can follow?  Which manufacture
provides most information? And which one welcomes projects like this (resp.
opensource in general) without let the dogs resp. lawyers out.

Many thanks for your help

Torsten

At Montag, 15. September 2008 17:46:46, m. allan noah wrote:
> I think you would want to stick with lower level (stupid) machines
> that have chips from a third party which gives away documentation on
> their website. Something like rts* gt*, genesys backends should be
> useful. If you sensor sled is going to weigh more than the original,
> or if you use a different motor, you will probably want to use a
> scanner that gets its motor acceleration tables from the driver
> (genesys?)
>
> allan
>
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 11:22 AM, Torsten Wagner
>
> <torsten.wagner at fh-aachen.de> wrote:

Dipl.-Ing. Torsten Wagner, MSc
University of Applied Sciences Aachen Campus Juelich
Institute for Nano- and Biotechnologies (INB)
Ginsterweg 1, D-52428 Juelich, Germany
Tel.: +49 241 600953215 or +49 2461 612466
Fax: +49 2461 600953235
Email: torsten.wagner at fh-aachen.de
and
Research Centre Juelich GmbH
Institute of Bio- and Nanosystems (IBN-2)
D-52425 Juelich