[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Wed Jun 4 19:09:56 UTC 2008

Le Wednesday 04 June 2008 20:17:07 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :

> > > Do you mean I should test with my old Sane version or with the
> > > new CVS?
> >
> > If the new CVS doesn't work, then please send me the log done
> > with the newer version.
>
> Sorry, Stef, I'm a stupid Suse10.3 user and install normally only
> rpm. I'm still working with sane-backends1.0.19-0-pm.2 genesys.
>
> If I should install a new CVS, then I would need instruction.
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Werner Holtfreter

	Hello,

	you can compile and test CVS without installing it system-wide. In a command
shell, create a directory then 'cd' to it.
	First you have to get the sources with (see
http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html):

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.alioth.debian.org:/cvsroot/sane co
sane-backends

	Once you have the sources, 'cd' to sane-backends, then configure the build
with:
	./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

then compile with:
	make

	Then you can use the attached 'genesys' script (which must be copied in the
sane-backends/backend directory) and run it to test your scanner with the new
backend without installing it. It runs with full debug. You can edit it to
change resolution, width, height and coordinates. The scanned picture will be
in 'scan.pnm'.

	In case you run any problem, let us know. If scan at low res don't work, send
me the scan.log file produced by the script.

Regards,
	Stef