[sane-devel] Please give me some help to solve the license issues in using sane

Alessandro Zummo azummo-lists at towertech.it
Thu Jun 5 16:30:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 13:02:08 +0800
"Wang Mengqiang" <WangMengqiang at canon-ib.com.cn> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply and truth.
>
> From your reply, it seems there is no way to use other modules, for example, if we buy some modules from other company without source code, how to deal with it?  Would you please give me some suggestion for commerce development like this?
>  I agree to your opinion that we should not violate the spirit of freedom through the middle-ware layer. Our idea is to open as much as we can (  not to open all), but not to close as much as possible.

 You might choice to buy the source code from the other
 company or to develop equivalent code yourself.

 You can also ask open source developers to help. I'm sure
 that if documentation is given, you will find people who
 are willing to help.

 If documentation is not given, you will probably
 find someone that will reverse engineer the protocol,
 sooner or later :)

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,