[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

Werner Holtfreter Holtfreter at gmx.de
Fri Jun 6 22:56:28 UTC 2008

Am Freitag, 6. Juni 2008 21:08:24 schrieb stef:

> 	this strange. This could be related to the possible lack of
> libusb you mention. On distributions, libraries are often split
> in two packages, one for runtime and another for development. You
> may have to check you have the 'devel' libusb package installed
> (there should be an /usr/include/usb.h file and a
> /usr/lib/libusb.a or libusb.so on your system). Also, when
> running configure, you may add the '--enable-libusb' switch to be
> sure libusb support is compiled in. To be sure run the following
> commands: make distclean
> 	./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-libsub

Hello,

only with
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --enable-libsub
was the same, the scanner don't work. And the warning was also the same,
while "configure":

*** Warning: sane-backends will be built without libusb support.  There may
*** be valid reasons to do so, e.g. if you don't use USB scanners or on
*** platforms without libusb support but generally this means that you
*** can't use USB devices with SANE. The most probable cause is that
*** the libusb header file usb.h is not installed. If you use Linux
*** you may need a package called 'libusb-dev', 'libusb-devel' or similar.

By the way: Many /other/ warnings are printed.

Also, I installed libusb-devel, replayed all steps, but without the option
--enable-libsub.

The same /other/ warnings are printed, but *usb* works!

"Only" the scanner don't move the head.

scan.log is very large, I send it not in the e-mail-list but direct.
--
Viele Grüße
Werner Holtfreter