[sane-devel] Please give me some help to solve the license issues in using sane

kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu
Sun Jun 8 17:05:11 UTC 2008

And here we see the problem, in a nutshell. My own course is quite similar
to Allan's, though I do my work for another project.

I think that what is going to have to happen, ultimately, is that some of
these hardware manufacturers are going to see if they can find a
competitive advantage by cooperating with us. Perhaps the fact that SANE
has been contacted by someone at Canon is a sign of better things to come.
It is, after all, an improvement over the occasion a couple of years ago
that one of the main Gphoto developers sent a letter to Canon. The reply
that he got back said that Canon does not support Linux and recommended
him to turn to the Gphoto project because they had done such an excellent
job of Linux support through reverse engineering!

What I am curious about at this point is, why Wang Mengqiang of Canon has
been left off of the Cc: lines for some time, now. I think it would be
good for his body, mind, and soul if he were to read the continued
discussion.

Theodore Kilgore