[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Tue Jun 10 19:09:58 UTC 2008

Le Tuesday 10 June 2008 16:38:48 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :
> Am Dienstag, 10. Juni 2008 06:37:42 schrieb stef:
> > 	I finally got time to look at the log. I noticed that the scan
> > is failing due to incorrect scan parameters, not to MD6228
> > related problems. Please edit the script, and change scan to only
> > (no geometry options):
> >
> > ../frontend/scanimage -d genesys --resolution 50 2>scan.log >scan
>
> Thanks, this works fine! The starting point at the top of page
> varies only between 0,4...0,8.
>
> But --resolution 100 (I have short tested with others, but seen only
> with 100) the old problem sometimes: The scanner head starts to
> shake and does not move properly. Sometimes means about 30 %.
>
> (Log comes direct to you.)
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Werner Holtfreter

	Hello,

	I've inspected the log. The only difference I can see with a 'reference' run
here is that the hack used to reset the AFE isn't trigger here. Since I
believe this issues are related to powersaving, could check if your linux
kernel has been built with CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND=y ? The config file used to
build kernel is often stored in /boot.
	I configured my kernel without it. It may be the difference.

Regards,
	Stef