[sane-devel] problems with genesys and MD6228

stef stef.dev at free.fr
Sun Jun 15 05:12:50 UTC 2008

Le Friday 13 June 2008 21:13:33 Werner Holtfreter, vous avez écrit :
> Am Mittwoch, 11. Juni 2008 21:39:01 schrieb stef:
> > 	so this isn't a USB_SUSPEND issue. Could you try your scanner at
> > 100 dpi gray scan on a windows PC ? If so, you can check that the
> > scanner is working (ie no hardware issue), then record the USB
> > communication with the usb sniffer available at
> > http://www.pcausa.com/Utilities/UsbSnoop/default.htm . Then send
> > me the log file of a 100 pdi scan so that I check that your
> > scanner has really the same hardware than mine.
>
> The scanner works on windows. I sent the UsbSnoop.log direct to you.
> --
> Viele Grüße
> Werner Holtfreter

	Hello,

	thanks for the data. Unfortunately, the log is too small. A typical log
should be a few MB big. For instance I recorded a preview and 100 dpi gray
scan a couple centimeters high, and that led to a 22 MB log.

	I'm going to analyze the log I done to try to find a bug in the backend. But
if you can produce a more complete windows log, I'd be able to compare it
with the one I have to find if we have similar or slightly different
hardware.

Regards,
	Stef