[sane-devel] anyone working on Lexmark X2330 support?

Aapo Tahkola aet at rasterburn.org
Sun Jun 15 06:05:33 UTC 2008

Hi.

On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 19:37:10 +0800
Paul Wise <pabs3 at bonedaddy.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> [Please CC me in all replies]
>
> I've had a Lexmark X2330 sitting next to the family Windows box for a
> couple of years, figured it was time to make it work in Linux.
>
> Is anyone else working on Lexmark X2330 support?
>
> The protocol seems fairly simple at first glance, so it shouldn't be
> much work if no-one has attempted to get it working yet.

I tried to hack compression algo used on Lexmark
lx2480 without success. I sort of gave up because it turned out being
so difficult to get any sort of "controlled data" out of it. Every
scan is different and lexmark drivers only saves
in lossy image format, making comparison difficult. Tying some of
the data pins high/low might help with this to some degree. It didn't
appear to be adaptive IIRC.
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/sane-devel/2007-October/020075.html
has some speculation and some data if you want to compare.

--
Aapo Tahkola