[sane-devel] Python bindings segfault

Albert Cervera i Areny albert at nan-tic.com
Sun Jun 15 12:56:55 UTC 2008

While testing sane python bindings I found a segmentation fault while trying
to open the device. I attach a couple of logs.

'sane.log' is the output of running:
SANE_DEBUG_HP5590=50 SANE_DEBUG_SANEI_USB=255 ./test-sane.py

'valgrind.log' is the output of running my test script
with "valgrind --trace-children=yes"

The script is very simple (the device exists):

import sane
sane.init()
sane.open( 'hp5590:libusb:004:005' )

This is running Debian unstable with the following packages:
python-imaging-sane 1.1.6
sane 1.0.14
libsane 1.0.19
plus -deb packages, as as you can see in valgrind.log

Do you think this is a Debian specific problem, any other tests I could make?

--
Albert Cervera i Areny
http://www.NaN-tic.com