[sane-devel] USB problems - [was"no devices available"]

earther at eartherdesigns.com earther at eartherdesigns.com
Sat Jun 21 16:18:00 UTC 2008

More in depth response to come but I wanted to send a quick note that
the problem has been solved!  Buried in the 60 page thread on running
the Hardy kernel on Gutsy, I found the solution!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4335549&postcount=364

I added that file and I can now run xsane as user.  I suspect that it
fixed the camera problem too - I realize the other solution was just a
workaround.

Hopefully this thread will be useful for others in the future.

Thanks so much for all your input.  I will digest it a bit later -
kinda burned out now.

:)

Quoting kilgota at banach.math.auburn.edu: