[sane-devel] Problem with libusb and 64 bits 2.6.25 kernel

nicols nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Wed Jun 25 09:48:57 UTC 2008

Thanks Sam and Dennis for these explanations, I think also that buffer
overflow risk is now very unlikely to happen:

- The read function now requests the exact count of bytes to read from usb,
which secures against device misbehaving
- A failing usb stack that would return more bytes than expected is
improbable.

So not worth adding special code in this function, we stay then with Sam's
patch, and I'll commit it into CVS.

Nicolas