[sane-devel] How to accurately scan A4(210mmx297mm) size paper?

Nicolas nicolas.martin at freesurf.fr
Sat Jun 28 10:27:51 UTC 2008

Actually, result may depend on the scanner and backend you are using.
Be careful that size in mm indicated by Xsane preview may not represent
the actual scanned area.
In the case of the pixma backend, due to alignment rounding, the  actual
scanned area is given by the pixel area size (on the left of Xsane start
scan button), but not the size in cm indicated just below.

Nicolas