[sane-devel] CIS scanners: to calibrate or not to calibrate :) this is the question (my scanner is mad and lazy :)

litlle girl little.linux.girl at gmail.com
Sun Jun 29 18:11:25 UTC 2008

2008/6/29 Gerhard Jaeger <gerhard at gjaeger.de>:
> Hi,
>
> On Freitag, 27. Juni 2008, litlle girl wrote:
> Most probably it will calibrate. Right after installation of the drivers,
> you'll be asked to insert a white calibration paper with black marks on
> it. Then it starts calibration and stores this data somewhere.
Yes, i think too, that win calibrates scanner right after installation
of the drivers.
> Hi guyz,
> i recognize that win drivers dont calibrate my CIS scanner before scan.
I ment win dont calibrate every time :)

It was difficoult to see win calibration bacause my scanner Plustek
OpticSlim 2400+ dont need to insert a white calibration paper with
white and black marks on it, because white and black marks are inside
the scanner.

>> gt68xx backend is loosing about 20sec every time on calibrating!
>> Is there any way to turn off gt68xx backend calibrating?
> have a look @ the M12 entry, the flag GT68XX_FLAG_SHEET_FED
> should do the trick. It'll avoid calibration.

> The plustek-backend is able to store calibration data and to
> read them back before scanning. This backend (and probably most
> others also) needs the value from coarse calibration (the AFE stuff)
> and the fine calibration (for each sensor pixel).
> The calibration data is stored for each user in its ~/.sane directory.
> HTH
> Gerhard
Maybe code from plustek-backend will be usable in GT68XX backend??