[sane-devel] xsane: scanning the selected region

Arnout Engelen sane at bzzt.net
Mon Jun 30 07:48:11 UTC 2008

Hi!

For a while we thought our scanner was broken: it only scanned part of
the page.

After taking a closer look it turned out a region was selected in the
'preview' window - however, as we typically don't have the preview
window open (and just scan entire pages), we didn't notice.

This was a rather puzzling experience. Perhaps it would be a nice idea to
reset the selection to 'the entire page' on every startup?

I'd be happy to try and prepare a patch, provided there's a good chance
of inclusion :).

Kind regards,

Arnout