[sane-devel] Saned not launching at Boot

Geoff Lane bunsen at tesco.net
Mon Mar 3 20:56:00 UTC 2008

On 1 Mar 2008 at 19:47, m. allan noah wrote:

I naievely thought that as I had saned.conf that saned was installed, it wasn't.

I downloaded and installed it but still problems.

If in saned.conf I alter the entry

sane-port stream tcp nowait saned.saned /usr/sbin/saned saned and delete the .saned so it
reads nowait saned then if I do a local port scan then port 6566 shows; it does NOT if I leave
it as saned.saned.

I get the impression that it may be a user or group problem.

> are you sure the xinetd or inetd (which ever your distro uses, i'm not
> sure) is set to start at boot up?

> >  I am having a few problems with saned, I have followed the advice in the
> >  MAN pages for setting up for network access but for some reason sane is
> >  not broadcasting after boot.

Geoff Lane

Welwyn Hatfield Computer Club
www.whcc.co.uk